Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Happiness on Paper

Today I delivered two custom orders happiness on paper.

#1 A handlettered "Favorite Things" made for a bride and groom, made from two separate lists of their favorite things.

#2 A handlettered "Celebrating 60 Years of Favorites", to celebrate a 60th Birthday with a little artsy surprise from the woman's daughter.

After all the time and obsessing detail I put into these projects, it was absolutely satisfying to deliver them and see the smiles, hear the comments, and watch their faces as they found their favorite parts.

I love LOVE L-O-V-E typography and lettering. I love finding (or creating) the perfect capital "M". Or "R". I love Ampersands, fancy lil' Curly-Q's and shading. I love swirls. And curvy lines. And tall letters, skinny letters, accented letters, outlined letters. And I love putting all of those things together on paper.

Yep, happiness on paper. That's what I just made. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment